These are our BCT Portfolio Companies
Braingrid is a blockchain cannabis technology company, whose wireless sensing and data collection platform enables cannabis growers to securely monitor, analyze and optimize their cultivation data.
Braingrid recently closed a $2.5 million equity financing, at a price of $0.40 per Unit and is planning a public listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange by June 2018. In December 2015, ITT Inc. acquired an 8.33% minority equity position in Braingrid for $500,000.
Still Image with ‘Play’ Button +
- Make proactive, data-driven decisions that impact yield
- Immediately identify and address microclimates, or other suboptimal grow conditions
- Easily collect data while testing new grow implementations, like LED lighting
- Print off traceability or compliance reports easily
• Relative humidity (RH)
• Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD)
• CO2 and O2
• Light quality
• Air quality (VOCs)
• Moisture content (EC)
BLOCKSTRAIN TECHNOLOGY CORP.
A new cannabis industry is emerging and using the power of blockchain, Blockstrain has developed the most comprehensive, community-driven cannabis genetics archival platform dedicated to making it safe and comfortable for breeders and growers, large and small, to protect and release their varieties into the public domain, all the while being compensated and rewarded.
BlockStrain’s technology also allows cannabis companies to easily and reliably track every shipment of product around the globe.
Internet of Things Inc. has invested $100,000 into Scorpion Resources, Inc., who has entered in to an agreement to acquire Blockstrain, which will serve as its Qualifying Transaction.
- Comprehensive cannabis genetics archive
- Digital ecosystem that encourages genetics & IP contribution
- Security, authenticity and validation through blockchain
- Assistance with compliance
- Combines traditional cannabis with modern cryptocurrency
- Intelligent platform powered by rewarding contributors
A 2016 Deloitte report estimates the base retail market value of recreational marijuana could be up to $8.7 billion. With ancillary services such as security thrown in, Deloitte projects a total market size of $22.6 billion. In arriving at these estimates, Deloitte included another 17% of respondents who said they “might” try marijuana if legalized, “suggesting the total potential marketplace…is close to 40% of the adult population.”